Ken came to help :) It's been snowing off and on, and it's a tad chilly, so things are going a little slowly. We spend a lot of time warming up our hands on the generator exhaust and sweeping snow of the work surfaces and lumber.
Yesterday we got all the sheathing installed downstairs and the subfloor put up on the loft, as well as started cutting out the door & window holes from the sheathing until the batteries in the cordless SawzAll died on us (too cold to hold charge for long).
Today, used corded SawzAll to finishing cutting the holes. Made one rafter template, verified it worked, then begain cutting all the pieces. Got four trusses assembled, but ran out of daylight before we could stand those up.
Tomorrow is errand day, but hopefully we can get back from Manley in time to cut all the remaining rafter pieces and all the blocking for the roof. Then Ken can come back over on Thursday to stand the 4 completed trusses and we can build and stand the remaining 9, get all the blocking and the outriggers and barge/flying rafters installed so we can frame in the end walls and sheath the loft and roof on Friday.
Have pics, but the computer the camera works with is on the fritz until we get a replacement keyboard (coffee & computers don't mix!). I'll try to shoot a video walkthrough tomorrow when we get back from Manley since that camera works with my computer. Only problem with vid (besides having to wait until the middle of the night to upload it!) is getting adequate lighting with the snow. Last time I tried to light a scene when it was snowing everything came out all white and grainy from the reflection... we'll see if it works better this time. Maybe it won't be snowing tomorrow or won't be as overcast. :)