About sums up our existence at the moment. It's either the rain keeping us indoors unable to build, or the mud precluding us from getting supplies back and forth or working, or we're being eaten alive by swarms of mosquitoes. Although the skeeters don't keep us from working, they do keep us from sleeping... DEET, screens, netting, and coils only do so much. And on top of it all, after getting run own and then exposed to all those people during the fire fiasco we're both sick with some sort of head/chest funk. JOY!
We don't have the time or money to get a gravel hauler to come fill in the main trail, and they'd need to fix that a little at a time just so they could get the dumper and dozer down a few yards at a time and back to our place. SOOOO... we're going to fill the ruts with smaller ruts (parallel) and then lay down the fallen and cleared trees on the trail (perpendicular) to make a kind of floating boardwalk that we can hopefully drive the truck down so we can get the rest of the building materials back to tent and cabin site. And we still have one more load of stuff waiting at the mill that needs to be delivered once the fires and mud aren't messing up the Elliott Hwy anymore.
If our hodge-podge road stands up to that abuse, we're going to get one or two pickup loads of gravel just to fill in and level underneath the concrete pads for our piers and bases for our sheds so we can store the tools and temperamental materials out of the rain. We'll worry about fixing the main and driveway trails "properly" and getting a full gravel pad under the house and carport later when it's either dried up or frozen solid again.
So, we haven't been able to start building yet and time is ticking away... less than 100 days until expected first frost now. We might still make it to dry-in before the weather turns cold; but we might be blowing in the insulation round about the same time it starts snowing. Should be an interesting race.